A Ground Service Officer (GSO) career starts with a three month training program to achieve the position of GSO-1.
- Female or Male, minimumage age 22 Years;
- Bachelor degree or equivalent;
- Capable of working under pressure and time limitations;
- Friendly personality with a positive and caring attitude;
- Good service mindedness;
- Willing to work in shifts and travel to regional airports;
- Motor Vehicle Driver License;
- Good Microsoft Office skills in Word and excel;
- Ability to communicate with all levels of people;
- Have negotiation skills and be fluent in both Thai and English;
- Be able to work independently and in a team; and
- TOEIC Minimum score 550
- Health & Accident Insurance;
- Overtime; and
- Performance Bonus
Location: Bangkok (Donmueang), Thailand
A GSO-1 operates a computer work station and deals with Traffic Services such as:
- Processes ground handling requests;
- Establishes specific client requirements
- Establishes air navigation service charges from AEROTHAI;
- Establishes other charges for services as required;
- Confirms client acceptance of charges and conditions of service;
- Completes and files Aircraft Service Forms; and
- List and updates Aircraft Movement Information on the Operations Center whiteboard; and
- Maintains a friendly and helpful communication process.
- Receiving client aircraft on the airport ramp area;
- Arranging technical and customs/immigration services;
- Providing ground transportation as arranged; and
- Completing Aircraft Service documentation.
- Aircraft tug operator;
- Checks all arrival and departure documentation; and
- Signs off Aircraft Service documentation.
A GSO-5 Deals with all of the above and is a designated trainer.
*** As you can see there is a clear career pathway to senior positions in ground operations***